The Role: This role, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer would lead and provide direction to the software development teams on various capabilities that make up the Wealth management platform. You will take responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of technical projects, operating with scale, speed, and quality. The candidate will work closely with product leaders on business strategic planning, aligning your technology vision and strategy with product and business direction, customer service strategy, growth strategies, and talent strategies, and convert strategic plans into actionable programs and projects
- Exceptional leadership skills with 10+ years of experience in tech management.
- Pragmatist who is bold, willing to think big, and encourage teams to act decisively.
- Deep experience with software technology.
- Strong background in agile software development, continuous delivery, and test automation.
- Translate a passion for technology and our business into clear, persuasive arguments, both written and spoken.
- Comfortable working with a disparate and diverse technology team across multiple locations.
- Experience with diverse web application architectures.
- Solid understanding of managing large data sets. Morningstar`s business is data-driven.
- A belief in embracing both open-source and commercial tools and frameworks. Have proven experience in making tradeoffs between competing alternatives.
- Experience working closely with product managers, design, sales, and marketing on the delivery of commercial software.
- FinTech experience a plus but not required.
- Bachelor`s degree in the sciences, engineering, or computer science.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity