As the Director of Software Engineering, you will oversee the engineering talent and technical strategy for multiple domains and technical areas focused on our business services and APIs. This role will be directly responsible for systems supporting Supernova’s cloud-based Security-Based Lending (SBL) SaaS platform.
We are looking for a leader who is passionate about people and technology and who has a proven record of scaling engineering teams and systems. This is a new role for Supernova as we continue to expand as a business and grow our engineering teams. This role will report directly to the Head of Technology and have a direct impact on our business performance and the continued growth of our engineering teams and technologies.
- Manage the software development team; measure and improve team engagement and productivity
- Coach and develop individual contributors and managers; foster a high-performing engineering culture
- Own the quality, scalability, security, and performance of applications, systems, and integrations
- Instill a mindset of curiosity and continuous improvement, with a goal to drive faster speed to market at a lower cost
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to enable business value creation, as well as the stability and scalability of our solutions.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or relevant field of study
In-depth experience architecting, delivering, and operating large scale, highly available eCommerce systems
5+ years' experience building backend API centric software solutions
Expertise establishing and managing both onshore and offshore teams
Experience with enterprise asynchronous system architecture and scaling
Strong expertise with Object Oriented back end languages / technologies such as Java, Groovy, .NET, Scala, Python, etc.
A strong understanding of database technologies
Experience in a fast paced, Agile, continuous integration environment
Experience with Single Page Application (SPA) web architecture and associated frameworks
Prior experience in FinTech industry preferred
Customer first mindset