Director of Technology, Revenue Cycle Platform Delivery at Ascension
Standard Hours, M-F, Remote
What You Will Do
Directs and oversees revenue cycle information systems activities and resources including Epic, Cerner, Allscripts, Billing/Coding/HIM and other revenue cycle systems.
- Develops departmental goals, plans and standards consistent with the technological, clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares departmental budgets and ensures the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Directs and evaluates all departmental activities including research, design and development of new technologies, service level determination and complaint management.
- Develops partnership with senior management. Works with other senior managers and senior users in strategic technology issues.
- Establishes strategic direction and oversight in order to ensure that technology resources will be optimized and expenses managed.
- Builds and maintains positive HM and revenue cycle client and leader relationships in multiple geographic locations across Ascension.
- Engages and manages multiple vendors and suppliers to successfully deliver revenue cycle solutions and projects.
- Oversee multiple revenue cycle concurrent projects, leveraging internal team, suppliers and vendors and project budget management.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of healthcare revenue cycle IT or revenue cycle business experience required.
- 10 years of healthcare revenue cycle IT or revenue cycle business experience preferred in a multi-vendor, multi-hospital complex environment.
- 2 years of healthcare revenue cycle IT or revenue cycle business leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of healthcare revenue cycle IT or revenue cycle business leadership or management experience preferred in a multi-vendor, multi-hospital complex environment.
Why Join Our Team
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.