Domain Architect II at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles
We are looking for a bright, experienced and energetic Domain Architect and leader to join our Architecture team. You will own the IT architecture for a portfolio of systems and technologies within our Digital & eCommerce landscape, shaping the strategic direction in line with our company goals. You will design commercially viable solutions and transition plans that lead to a highly flexible, scalable and robust IT landscape. You are an experienced technologist, conceptual thinker, great communicator and influencer, and have the ability to build strong partnerships with our business, product, development, operations and security teams.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
• A recognized and inspiring leader, with a strong ability to influence others, build consensus, lead teams, engage stakeholders, and drive towards business and technical decisions
• Establish strategic IT domain architecture vision, roadmap, principles, patterns and guardrails for our digital & eCommerce platform; participate and continuously improve architecture governance processes
• Maintain a high level of individual contribution, professional growth, and ability to function effectively and independently, and challenge others to do the same
• Review and recommend technology and vendors in support of strategic business goals
• Identify and exploit synergies and reuse through collaboration with various teams in Peapod Digital Labs as well as other teams within the broader global Ahold Delhaize organization
• Role model and champion of modern ways-of-working such as Agile, DevOps and related practices
• Instill financial discipline into architectural ways of working and ensure that IT roadmaps fit into our financial constraints
• Maintain knowledge on the latest industry news and challenges for digital, eCommerce, integration, data & analytics, cloud and automation, especially as it pertains to retail, modern APIs and Azure technologies
• Challenge the status quo and drive changes to improve business performance and productivity
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
• MS/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• Proven experience (8+ years) in digital & eCommerce domain architecture at a senior level, demonstrating hands-on technical leadership and business impact
• Adaptable communication skills and demonstrated experience interacting with all levels of an organization across verbal, prose and visual engagement
• Demonstrated ability to translate conceptual and strategic thinking into practical solutions
• You promote openness, diversity of opinions and inclusive discussions at all times to evaluate a wide variety of ideas and perspectives in solving challenging problems
• You demonstrate clear decision making and good trade-offs in complex situations comprising multiple opinions, needs, teams, technologies, cloud providers, and architectural settings
• You manage your own work time and priorities under aggressive timelines and budgets
• Experience with a broad range of digital & eCommerce solutions, including: mobile and web platforms and technologies; search, shop and payment capabilities; digital marketing and loyalty solutions; order management, fulfillment and delivery solutions; data(base), analytics and personalization technologies; integration strategies and solutions; infrastructure, cloud and automation technologies
• Experience with industry frameworks and practices such as TOGAF, DevOps, agile, scrum and SAFe
• Experience with modern architecture concepts such as microservices, event-driven architecture, API integration and gateway, data lakes, containers, etc.
• Preference for experience with ElasticSearch, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Java/Spring, Azure, Kubernetes
• Fluent in English (in word and in writing)
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.