EDI Specialist at Mastery Logistics Systems
Mastery Logistics Systems is building the world’s first lovable Transportation Management System, or TMS.
Our customers – large transportation companies and shippers who need those companies – have struggled with systems that are outdated or inadequate. As shippers or transportation service providers, our customers have in the past been forced to use multiple systems to manage dedicated fleet operations, outsourced or insourced trans management, one way trucking, truckload brokerage, LTL, and Intermodal, or to sub-optimize one or more of those functions by attempting to fit it into a TMS that is adequate at another function.
Mastermind TMS allows our customers to bring all of these functions into a single platform, providing flexibility, visibility, control, and efficiency. Today’s unprecedented global supply chain upheavals underscore how important the transportation industry is. We are building a system to allow this industry to work faster, smarter and more efficiently.
The challenges in this industry are big and exciting! We are tackling everything from fast and efficient data input to ingesting large amounts of data and applying AI to looking at blockchain to securely digitize paperwork. If you are passionate about humanizing an industry, automating in innovative ways, building for quality and scale, helping make people's lives easier and touching every part of our economy then this is the place for you.
Mastery Logistics Systems is committed to continuing to build an incredible company. We are a masterful mosaic of incredible people. We are specialists and experienced in our respective fields. We are dedicated to continuous improvement both professionally and personally. We are a collective group of really good people. We have different interests, backgrounds & talents and we work together to create really cool stuff! We believe in diversity of thought and are mindful and inclusive. We have deep respect for each other and work diligently at adding the right people to our teams.
At this moment we are all working from home and doing our part to combat the Covid 19 virus. We are creatively building our new work habits. We are respectful of each other’s time and personal life. We have flexible schedules but share in the mission that we are building and need to get it done. We offer an excellent suite of benefits. We are dedicated to finding new ways to add perks as we live and work from home.
Our team has the domain knowledge and connections to make an impact, and we’re looking for experienced and thoughtful people to who thrive on creating and building great products. We want people who have a true passion for servicing and taking care of our customers. We need people who are flexible problem solvers, thrive on collaboration and consistently know how to communicate their solutions well. We are small and nimble – which is evident in how quickly we could pivot to our new reality. Each member of the team can make a tremendous impact both technically and culturally. While a start-up, we are well-funded, have an initial paying customer with which to test and launch, and are founded by top experts and veterans in the logistics industry.
Join us – you’ll love it – let’s build a masterpiece!
About the Role
The transportation industry is heavily reliant on EDI to conduct business in a highly automated and secure way. In this role, you will work directly with Mastery customers and internal stakeholders to ensure successful setup, implementation, certification, and ongoing usage of key EDI capabilities. You will assist customers with data mapping, translation, and configuration to ensure successful B2B communications. You will have the opportunity to define and implement key EDI metrics and scorecards. You will be involved in initial setup as well as ongoing support of EDI activities.
- Work with implementation teams to gather and document customer EDI requirements
- Work with customers and Mastery implementation resources to coordinate EDI activities to ensure successful go live and adoption of Mastery solutions
- Perform EDI data mapping, translation, transaction setup, testing, and certification
- Work with customers and Mastery implementation resources to ensure EDI testing and acceptance is completed
- Develop and deliver EDI KPIs that enable Mastery Customers to show their customers how they are performing
- Assist with go live activities and ensure business is not disrupted
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex software issues and EDI partner interactions
- Represent the Mastery brand & values during all client interactions
- Manage a queue of active tickets from customers as well as partners, and route tickets appropriately to ensure appropriate resolution and customer satisfaction
- Identify, communicate and escalate critical issues to appropriate internal and external parties
- Work with Mastery engineering teams to build appropriate tooling to monitor and ensure the health of EDI processes and systems
- Troubleshoot software issues and collaborate with support teams, quality assurance, and software development for remediation
- Perform after-hours support as necessary for Mastery customers
- 5+ years of experience working in EDI implementation, testing, certification, or support role
- Expert with ANSI / ASC X12 standards
- Familiarity with EDIFACT standards
- Expert at transportation EDI transaction sets
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with Boomi, Pro EDI, Jitterbit, or other EDI mapping and translation tools
- Experience working with Kleinschmidt, Sterling Commerce, or other value-added network providers
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Exemplary organizational and multitasking skills
- Strong ability to remain patient, listen, and empathize with customer questions and software issues
- Highly motivated with the ability to learn all facets of the logistics industry and Mastery software functionality
- Experience following documented processes that require Service Level Agreements with external customers
- Experience with Ticketing Systems such as Jira Service Desk preferred
- Software Implementation Experience a plus
- Software Development Background a plus
Mastery takes great pride in providing our employees a robust and highly competitive benefit package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental and Vision insurance covering 90% of premium costs. Company paid life insurance for 1x salary. Legal, AD&D, Additional Life and other employee assistance benefits. We have a 401k savings plan with a 4% match. We provide opportunities for professional growth and development. We fully support our work from home initiative as we do our part to combat the Covid 19 crisis. We have a manage your life and schedule Paid Time Off program. We are fully devoted to finding creative perks and benefits since we cannot currently enjoy our cool office culture. Our philanthropic partner is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek a diverse community of professionals. Veterans, Women, non-binary, people of color, LGBTQIA, we welcome all to apply!