PowerReviews creates software that drives traffic, increases sales, and provides actionable insights for more than 1,000 brands and retailers on over 5,000 websites. Our platform serves as an essential resource for consumers throughout their purchase journey. Our syndication network reaches more than 500 million in-market shoppers each month through an unrivaled solution suite. PowerReviews is on a mission to create a smarter path to purchase.
As a member of the PowerReviews development team, you will design and develop software to achieve high performance, usability and stability within the context of our extensive product platform. Our platform is responsible for gathering, moderating, and publishing user generated content for our customers’ websites. Our highest application API volumes exceed 400K requests per minute all while exceeding 99.99% uptime SLA’s.
We are looking for a Senior software engineer with strong Elixir skills to join a new development team focused on delivering new feature functionality to an exciting technology platform that was recently acquired. You'll be joining a fast-paced team with a mandate to bring the next-gen version of the platform to the marketplace, while integrating with the PowerReviews ecosystem.
- Develop robust web application code in an agile development environment and product cycle
- Work together with team engineers and product owners to deliver requirements on schedule
- Deliver high-quality, maintainable code that is thoughtfully designed
- Participate in code pairing sessions and peer code reviews
- Exhibit good communication skills, attention to detail, and a positive attitude
- Experience using Elixir in production
- Experience working with the Phoenix Framework
- Strong functional programming skills
- Ability to ramp up quickly on new codebases and make immediate contributions
- Desire to learn from and share knowledge with teammates
- Understanding of Erlang VM (BEAM) and distributed systems
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Our Tech Stack
We use open source software and AWS extensively at PowerReviews. We are selectively polyglot, including:
- Java 8 and 11, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, graph databases, ElasticSearch, React, Docker
- Ruby 2.4-2.6, Ruby on Rails 4 and 5, PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq, Foundation, React
- Elixir 1.7, Phoenix 1.3, OTP, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, React
In AWS, we use Docker, DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, S3, Elasticache (Redis and Memcached), Elastic MapReduce, Lambda and Cloudfront. We also use Snowflake, Jenkins, Sumologic, Datadog, and Selenium, alongside some Python and R.
- Open office environment and casual dress code
- Yearly training budget for learning and conferences
- Company lunches provided weekly
- Flexible vacation and work from home policies
- Stocked kitchen with beverages and tasty snacks
- Rooftop, gym, and events at the Chicago office
- Social outings and intramural sports teams