ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 130,000 today to millions.
We are looking to add an experienced Email Engineer to our growing team.
What your day could consist of:
- Establish and set up new mail servers using AWS, Chef, Terraform and other modern provisioning/devops technologies
- Work to improve timely email delivery and processing for all outgoing and incoming email streams
- Monitor outgoing queues to address bottlenecks and blocks as they occur
- Troubleshoot and resolve bugs and issues, including delayed delivery
- Work to automate all aspects of sending and deliverability analytics infrastructure to ensure optimal resiliency, scalability and performance
- Build upon ActiveCampaign’s goal of creating the best customer experience in the industry as we look for our own platform to improve the customer experience of over one million growing businesses
- Assist with customer resolutions, as needed, including effective and timely direct communication with customers
What is needed:
- Thorough knowledge of the email stack, especially PowerMTA or a comparable MTA
- Experience in fast paced, agile Devops/SRE environment working with a cloud provider such as AWS
- Solid technical foundation of DNS, SPF, DKIM, and DMARC
- Proficiency with PHP, Python, Bash and basic Linux system administration
- Deep understanding of basic deliverability concepts like IP warming, spam traps, feedback loops, blacklists, IP reputation, bounce processing, etc
- Understanding of the trade-offs of employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- Ideally, understanding of and passion for SMB businesses
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with customers
- Experience working on large B2C SaaS and Containerized workloads is a plus.
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, parental leave, career pathing and lots of swag.
Check out more information on our benefits & perks here.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.