Embedded Software Engineer at Jiobit
We are grateful for your interest.
If you want to be part of something new, exciting and ripe with opportunities to grow professionally then we’re glad you found us. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join us as we scale our business and deliver best in class (and award winning) location tracking solutions for families and businesses.
As the embedded software engineer you will be directly impacting our end user experience. You will have tremendous opportunity for growth as you work cross-functionally with the product and customer experience teams to deliver best-in-class support to our users. Every day brings new challenges along with new opportunities to to contribute to our company’s success.
Most importantly, we thank you for your interest. We recognize that the job search and interview process is time consuming and we’re grateful that you’re considering Jiobit.
Jiobit is the first of its kind patented location tracking platform, enabling the longest lasting and smallest real-time location products (indoor or out) with best-in-class security.
Featuring a host of encryption and security technologies, Jiobit is trusted by federal government customers, law enforcement professionals, and thousands of pet owners and families, with usage in every populated continent in the world.
Jiobit has won an Editor's Choice Award with PCMag and has been featured on CNBC, Buzzfeed, Techcrunch, and USA Today to name a few. With offices in Chicago and Silicon Valley, the team is comprised of seasoned designers, marketers, and engineers with a history of building innovative consumer products and services with millions of units sold worldwide (https://www.jiobit.com/about#the-team). We have raised over $10M in funding and are now positioning the business for rapid growth.
We are looking for a recent university graduate who will work alongside our senior engineering team, owning the issue resolution process and supporting the customer experience team. Success in this role means you are eager to dig in and solve difficult problems and roll out changes and fixes to the field in quick iterations after thorough testing. You’ll be responsible for:
- Diagnosing and solving critical customer issues.
- Analyzing and understanding data trends and addressing anomalies and issues found.
- Implementing features leveraging TCP/IP stack and associated protocols.
- Developing solutions using UART, I2C, SDIO and SPI interfaces.
- Optimizing power consumption.
- Working with wireless connectivity solutions (Wi-Fi / Bluetooth / Cellular).
- Solving development challenges and taking on development tasks with minimal guidance - and learning new technologies to push the envelope for what’s possible.
- Suggesting alternative designs and providing a point of view to better the product.
What you'll need:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (ECE) with GPA of 3.5+
- Previous internship with practical hands-on software development experience
- Firmware background with some experience with RTOS
- Driver exposure would be preferable.
- Familiarity and intermediate proficiency with scripting languages (Python, Unix Shell, etc.)
- Ambitious, independent, creative, persistent and self-driven - demonstrated success and excellence in extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages outside of coursework
- Solid knowledge of the general CS fundamentals (algorithms, data structure, object orientation, etc)
- High degree of proficiency with C software development and related toolchains
- Competency with using version control tools (GitHub, etc.) for software deployment
- Experience or coursework projects using UART, I2C, SDIO and SPI interfaces
What you'll get:
Unlimited time off to juggle work and life
Flexible work hours and location
Company retreats and team building
Medical, dental, vision insurance (including 50% contribution for dependents)
Short-term / Long-term Disability offered
Basic Life Insurance401(k)
Given the importance of this role for the long-term success of the company, equity compensation will be available for the right candidate