EMC COMPONENT VALIDATION SR. TEST ENGINEER
This position is for an L6 Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) Component Validation Sr. Test Engineer stationed at the Caterpillar Electro Magnetic Compatibility Lab. Within this team, the EMC Component Validation Sr. Test Engineer will plan, execute, troubleshoot and complete complex component level EMC Validation testing according to International Standards including ISO 13766 and EN13309. The EMC Test Engineer will provide the test and data analysis support and clearly communicate significant results, conclusions and recommendations both verbally and written to internal CAT design teams. He/She is responsible for working with component design teams to ensure all the certification tests are performed and test data analyzed and that the EMC emissions and immunity performance meets the international standard requirements. The EMC test engineer is expected to have working knowledge of the operation and function of CAT electronic products and sub system assemblies and have the ability to troubleshoot issues within these systems, as well as experience with the design of electronic components.
The individual will also have responsibility to manage internal standard documents and continue to improve and update these documents as international standards and other component quality requirements change.
be asked to run testing outside of the Peoria area. Travel may be required 10% of the time.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with 8 years of Electromagnetic compatibility testing (Immunity and Emissions) of electrical and electrical systems of large equipment in the construction and mining equipment, automotive or aerospace industries, or a Master’s of Science in Electrical Engineering with 5 years of similar required experience.
- 2 years minimum working knowledge of the following Electromagnetic Compatibility testing equipment: Amplifiers, signal generators, antennas, electrostatic discharge probes, bulk current injection clamps.
- 2 years minimum experience with circuit board level design of electrical components used in construction and construction equipment (or similar systems in automotive or aerospace industries)
- 2 years minimum experience with EMC international standards such as ISO 13766 and EN 13309
- 1 year minimum experience with the Electronic Control Modules software and communication protocols: CAN and Ethernet
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Good mechanical and electrical / electronic aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and retain pertinent information
- Demonstrated thorough documentation and note taking skills
- Demonstrated good organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to concisely and accurately communicate technical information both in a written and oral forms
- Computer application skills to support job requirements (Email, Excel, Word, Team Center, Skype, etc.)
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers