EMV Technical Test Lead at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Executes R&D functions of design, development, testing, certification, and delivery activities for contact and contactless chip technologies, mobile payments, and other emerging technology-based solutions for card acceptance devices as well as payment devices. Writes new specifications (including functional features and security features), new test plans, certification requirements, or develops sample applications. Coordinates with vendors such as card and chip manufacturers, test laboratories, test tool providers, and mobile application developers for product development. These products are based on complex EMV technologies including Mobile Payments (Secure Element / HCE), Contactless (NFC), Secure Remote Commerce, 3D-Secure, Tokenization and any other initiative in Digital roadmap.
This role requires a technical understanding of one or more listed technologies above, developing test strategies and a knowledge of payment industry products and systems. This role also requires working experience with EMV test tools provided by UL, ICC Solutions, FIME and Galitt etc. This role also require candidate to get complete understanding on specifications to define testing strategy. This role also require that candidate should have good understanding about payment security standards and processes.
This individual will be responsible for leading the day-to-day activities overseeing the test strategies and certification processes for emerging payment technologies (including Mobile Applets/ HCE SDK, SRC, 3DS and QR). The role will be responsible for global payment product certifications and will work with Discover partners providing digital wallets and other e-commerce solutions, test labs and test tool vendors. The role will also be responsible for coordinating and communicating with internal stakeholders within product, operations and product delivery teams.
- Creates high-level technical design documents and detailed technical specifications for new technology-based card acceptance devices and payment devices.
- Creates and maintains the test plans, test tools, and test procedures for new technology-based card acceptance devices and payment devices.
- Oversees the development of certification scripts and a certification process for multiple categories of payment technology vendors.
- Participates in development of global standards and specifications for various global standards bodies (e.g. EMVCo).
- Responsible for understanding the D-PAS specifications of digital products and lead activities to develop the test strategy and test program aligned with the technical requirements.
- Manages the vendor relationship for key external vendors like product providers, test tool vendors and testing labs.
- Work with 3rd party test tool vendors to get functional test tool and/or framework develop in accordance with specifications and test plans.
- Work with 3rd party security labs to perform security evaluations of D-PAS products.
- Responsible for validating 3rd party test tools and accredit them as Discover approved tools to be used for external entities.
- Day to day responsibility of managing internal/external stakeholders for certification and testing activities.
- Support in the design and development of certification automation initiatives
- Develop good understanding of the tools used in testing and support in testing activities internally as required
- Collaborate with internal teams such as product, risk, specifications, etc. for requirements, development and keeping the teams informed of changes
- Provide support in analyzing incidents and getting to resolution
- Manage vendor relationship activities such as regular meetings with key vendors, support in vendor forum discussions and events
- Research on industry trends and innovate internal testing approach
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
- 1+ year of experience as Payment Technology Engineer
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience as Payment Technology Engineer
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience in EMV, payments technology, mobile product testing expertise
- 5+ years of testing experience preferably in payments domain
- 1+ year of experience preferred in mobile product development or testing
- Vendor management skills and ability to be understand the dependencies across multiple parties and resolve issues
- Ability to drive process, project and results by influencing and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think out of the box and find alternate option to resolve issues
- Strong planning and project management skills to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid relationship management practices with the ability to build working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.