Engineer 2, Developer Success at Nordstrom
The Developer Success team at Nordstrom are the technology enablers of the Developer Productivity group. We integrate the tooling produced by the Developer Tools team into the products and applications that power our websites and stores; We deploy opensource tools and build automation to simplify our developers lives so they can focus on writing code.
This position takes the standardized pipelines we have today that support Java, .net, Java Script, Python, Scala, Go and PHP and migrated our applications to them, utilizing Kubernetes where possible but also supporting targets like VMWare and other traditional virtualization. But it that’s not all, we integrate things like Gitlab and Hashicorp vault to provide a seamless end to end experience where possible, we take things like Apache Spinnaker and we utilize them to configure complex multi region deployments, we build software supply chains to track where an artifact was built, what’s in it, how has it been tested and what problems it may have.
If you have a passion for automation and devops, we are looking for someone like you.
- You’re a systems Administrator or Full-Stack engineer who has adapted to automation and pipelines.
- You have a varied history of application deployment and operations.
- Git is second nature and you never push to master.
- You have prior experience maintaining internet facing production-grade applications in virtualized and public cloud environments.
- You have in-depth experience with at least one public cloud provider.
- Extensive experience with deployment technologies (such as Chef, Salt, Ansible or Terraform) is required.
- Prior experience with Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment
What this Job Entails:
- Developing best practices and repeatable architectures for developer tools deployments
- Integrated opensource tools with in-house built platforms and pipelines
- Deploying opensource components to the ‘Developer Platform’
- Working with customer teams to migrate their systems
- Moving applications from ECS, EKS and Beanstalk to K8s
- Moving API Endpoints from legacy platforms to KongHQ
- Migrating applications from 3rd party CICD (Go, Circle, Travis) to Gitlab
- Developing terraform integrations between various systems, e.g ACME and Vault
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.