Engineer 2- Merch Inventory Platform
An Engineer 2 is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business. The scope, responsibility and accountability is at the function level.
An Engineer 2 within the Merch Inventory Platform space provides on-call support and maintains system health across the org. Additionally, they will help support the major migration of RMS from RMS9 to RMS14 + Retail to Cost accounting. A big focus of the team is improving operational efficiency by building test frameworks for both functional and performance testing to support various stack teams.
A day in the life…
- Design and collaborate with local and partner teams
- Test all scenarios and conform to quality standards
- Identify performance issues; apply knowledge of security coding practices and secure system fundamentals (e.g., cross-site scripting, security certificates)
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of information technology concepts issues, trends and best practices as they relate to the discipline/practice
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of specific needs of a major line of business and the related set of applications, systems or functions
You own this if you have…
- You have strong hands-on with an object-oriented programming language like C# or Java.
- You’ve got 2+ years of experience writing SQL queries in Oracle, MS SQL Server and MySQL environments.
- Understanding and experience in cloud computing applications in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud including DynamoDB / SQS / S3 / serverless architecture / Lambdas.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker, including building containerized applications.
- Designing tests that effectively assess the quality, scalability, robustness, and performance of highly scalable distributed applications.
- Knowledge of CI/CD process and ability to create and work on scheduling jobs.
- Designing and executing unit, functional test cases automated/scripted approaches.
- Knowledge of writing Behavior Driven Development (BDD) test cases in Cucumber or Specflow using Gherkins.
- Thorough working knowledge with a distributed version control system like GitLab, GitHub.
- Strong knowledge with Agile Methodologies and Scrum concepts and ceremonies.
- You enjoy thinking abstractly and creatively in order to solve ambiguous and undefined problems.
- Experience with Oracle RMS systems a plus.
- Prior working with retail business domain a plus.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
Minimum = $
Maximum = $