ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
Platform Reliability organization’s mission is to build platform infrastructure, tooling and educational programs to empower ActiveCampaign’s engineering productivity. Our vision is to provide software leverage by enabling product development engineers to build scalable applications leveraging our platform with high velocity, quality and performance as features.
We aim to achieve the aforementioned platform vision by 1) building a best-in-class Platform with 4 9s of availability, flexibility, security and compliance by default, 2) providing APIs, abstractions, infrastructure, composable services and self-service interfaces to accelerate product delivery, 3) optimizing cost-to-serve to achieve profitable scale, and 4) automating repeatable, time consuming and complicated infrastructure tasks and by building self service features and functionality that delight and inspire our developers to do their best work.
As Director, Cloud Reliability Engineering you will apply your engineering leadership skills and knowledge of infrastructure and software development to drive reliable, scalable, secure, and performant software systems for ActiveCampaign’s products and services. Practices, such as limiting time spent on operations, blameless postmortems, and proactive identification of potential outages, factor into the iterative improvement key to product quality and interesting, dynamic day-to-day work. Our aim is to enable feature velocity and coordination, reduce outages, and increase reliability. As our systems, services, and products have thrived, we are now having to think about scaling to better serve our internal and external customers while maintaining the reliability that our customers expect.
This position is a critical player on the engineering team and reports to the VP, Platform Engineering.
What your day could consist of:
- Serve as a strategic engineering leader and technical expert for SRE, DevOps and Data Ops teams creating an environment where managers and engineers are empowered and supported to do their best work
- Define vision, strategy and roadmaps for the Platform Reliability team. Support the growth of ActiveCampaign by ensuring robust scalable infrastructure
- Drive and own the measuring of SLA/SLO/SLI/uptime and ensure organization is meeting set goals
- Build offshore capabilities to ensure 24/7 platform support
- Coach, mentor, train and create learning opportunities for all team members. Lead efforts to implement multi-region public cloud presence. Collaborate with engineering leadership across the organization to ensure alignment on public cloud needs in support of product roadmaps and deliverables
- Maintain the security of cloud resources through design and toolingIdentify and execute on improving performance to cost ratio for platform hosting and observability tooling
- Collaborate and partner with product management, security, customer success, business operations, sales, marketing, procurement, finance & people team. Ensure best engineering practices through automation, infrastructure as code, robust system monitoring, alerting, auto scaling, self healing, etc...
- Transform and Modernize applications from Monolith to microservices. Collaborate with other leaders across the organization to identify, leverage, and evangelize opportunities to improve productivity, reliability, quality and efficiency of the system
- Drive a culture of innovation and curious thinking across teams
- Ensure and deliver managers’ technical and non technical guidance and coaching on career paths in support of their growth
- Evaluate staffing needs and ensure a pipeline of talent with a focus on diversity
- Represent the technology perspective and priorities to leadership and other stakeholders by continuously communicating timeline, scope, risks and technical roadmap
What is needed:
- 10+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Experience building and supporting critical services with a focus on automation, availability, security, scalability, observability and performance
- Experience as Director or Senior Engineering Manager with Staff and Senior Architect level IC’s, Engineering, program managers and Operations managers as direct reports
- Experience working on large-scale cloud based (AWS is preferred) distributed systems including multi-tiered architecture over 3+ years
- Experience with agile frameworks like SAFe for DevOps and delivery. Experience with Release, Change, Incident, Problem and Service Management.
- 24/7 site monitoring and ability to own uptime & performance SLA’s
- Has built and managed globally distributed teams to operate a large-scale SaaS platform
- Strong foundational knowledge and prior experience with implementing SRE, platform automation, DevOps practices within a team
- Experience directing teams working on Terraform, Chef, PL/SQL, EKS, Native K8, Docker, Java applications, PHP Applications and BI Tools
- Experience working with monitoring tools (Datadog, NewRelic and ELK stack is preferred) and Database technologies (MySQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB and Kafka preferred)
- Building and hiring teams internationally
- Strong communication skills and customer focus
- Responsible for forecasting, budgeting and P&L for SaaS Hosting
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.