Engineering Manager (Agent Flow) at Affirm (Remote)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Care Engineering team is responsible for building customer self-service features as well as agent-facing platforms that integrate with nearly every system across Affirm. We are committed to using exciting new technologies and building powerful platforms. The goal of the team is to provide the best possible experience to customers and agents while simultaneously reducing compliance risks and servicing costs. We invest in user experiences that educate and explain our product transparently and effectively, enabling our users to either self-serve or get direct help from our customer service agents.
Affirm is growing fast and we’re looking for an engineering manager to help guide the team to scale our products to 10x and beyond through building world-class systems which enable Affirm in its mission to provide honest financial products which improve lives.What You’ll Do
- Manage a team focused on a particular area, providing technical leadership for the team, while having a detailed understanding of our business, company goals, roadmap and resource plans.
- Drive planning and prioritization of projects based on product, technical, and business goals by demonstrating relevant resources and data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, product managers, designers and analysts to deliver high quality consumer experience.
- Coach and mentor employees to increase their impact through regular performance development and feedback conversations.
- Foster a respectful and supportive environment for all team members that effectively maximizes the diversity of the team.
What We Look For
- 4-6+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and 2+ years as an engineering manager.
- 3+ years large Salesforce service cloud based solutioning and development experience
- 2+ years team lead or tech lead experience with large Salesforce service cloud solution
- Salesforce developer/architect/admin certifications are pluses
- 2+ years of experience working in Scrum or other Agile methodology
- Has a track record of executing and delivering cross-functional projects smoothly.
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Experienced at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- Humble and authentic leadership which places the needs of others first and helps people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Experience scaling systems in a service oriented architecture preferred but not required.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown.
Location - Remote Canada
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.