Engineering Manager, Backend (Merchant Portal API) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Merchant Portal APIs team at Affirm builds and maintains the backend APIs that powers the Affirm Merchant Portal and Self-Service Onboarding products. The goal of the team is to build the underlying technology that empowers merchants of all sizes to efficiently sign, onboard, launch, and deepen their integration with Affirm.
The technology we are building strives to drive universal merchant adoption of Affirm as a payment option. We are striving to achieve ubiquity across online shopping by accelerating the merchant onboarding process, and empowering merchants to self-manage all aspects of their integration through the Merchant Portal.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineering manager to join us and help fulfill our vision. The work will be challenging due to the speed at which the market is growing, and the work involved will directly impact the growth trajectory of the merchant network.What You’ll Do
- Manage a team focused on a particular area, providing technical leadership for the team, while having a detailed understanding of our business, company goals, roadmap and resource plans.
- Drive planning and prioritization of projects based on product, technical, and business goals by leveraging relevant resources and data.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations to jointly make decisions necessary to deliver to a high-quality, reliable, robust product and service.
- Coach and mentor employees to increase their impact through regular performance development and feedback conversations.
- Foster a respectful and supportive environment for all team members that effectively leverages the diversity of the team.
- 4-6+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and 1+ year as an engineering manager.
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Expert at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- Humble and authentic leadership which places the needs of others first and helps people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Experience scaling systems in a service oriented architecture preferred but not required.