Engineering Manager, Business Systems at Cisco Meraki
At Meraki, we’re growing fast, taking orders 24/7 and shipping them all over the world. The tiniest hitch in that process can cost us an incalculable amount in dollars and man hours. That’s where you come in. As our Engineering Manager, you’ll identify those time-consuming internal processes, build solutions to them that are reliable, stable, and scalable enough for our international operations. You will lead efforts on New business enablement models, enhancing our current infrastructure and building systems that can scale while keeping bigger picture in mind.
You’ll be taking over the existing Business Systems Developer Team to provide leadership and direction as we improve, develop, and maintain the processes that form Meraki’s backbone.
- Manage and provide leadership to a growing team of system developers
- Manage project priorities, schedules, allocate time, and ensure timely launches of new functionality
- Work with a cross-functional team of managers to prioritize projects and ensure conflicting prioritizations meet business requirements
- Always work to continuously improve Operations business process for Operations and Finance
- Likely play an integral role in the implementation of a new ERP system
- Ability to mentor and train developers using Ruby, Java, XML, webMethods, APIs, and more
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of:
- Management experience overseeing a team of developers
- Post-collegiate programming experience with Java or Ruby (extensive experience with both strongly preferred)
- Experience with ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics GP, Oracle ERP Cloud, SAP)
- At least 3 years experience with:
- Integration software (Software AG WebMethods, Mulesoft, Dell Boomi)
- Application APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Salesforce, SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Sufficient proficiency in SQL and XML to maintain a pre-existing database.
- Awareness of the latest trends in Integration space
- Demonstrated ability to grow and mentor teams as well as lead them through change
Nice To Have:
- Sysadmin and performance tuning skills.
- Passion for improving existing home-brewed tools and programs to make life easier for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.