Engineering Manager, Buyer Experience at Reverb
Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.Job Description
Reverb.com is looking for managers who are passionate about developing our next generation of product-focused engineers. We care deeply about encouraging an environment that promotes learning and development. You’ll play an instrumental role in presenting your team with the right challenges to keep them engaged and motivated. As a company that values feedback, we look for people who excel at giving and inviting feedback in a way that encourages dialogue and inspires teams to succeed.
To complement your people skills, you’re also confident in shipping outstanding products. We believe in a collaborative approach with active involvement in the product development process: leading technical discussions, presenting and evaluating trade-offs, developing empathy with users and stakeholders, and rolling up your sleeves to get into the details of the code, as the occasion calls.
- Foster a culture of delivery with a focus on quality. Clear the way for the team by identifying and removing obstacles.
- Ensure Reverb engineering practices are maintained and help create best practices where there are needed.
- Collaborate closely with the product manager and help engineers understand the larger context of their work.
- Manage the performance and career growth of team members.
- Set clear expectations for team members and provide constructive feedback.
- Champion communication and trust between teams, with product, and across the organization.
- A history of building an effective technical team via hiring, developing, and motivating talent.
- Enthusiasm about Reverb and the products we are building with the ability to inspire that excitement in others.
- Ability to break down problems and communicate effectively, with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven track record of motivating teams towards delivering business results in a fast-paced, agile environment. Comfort operating as both a leader and a pair to developers.
- Experience in related domains within e-commerce is highly desirable. Deep expertise in both front (React or similar) and back-end (Ruby/Go/Node) technologies.
About our compensation and benefits
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key 2021 benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- A generous vacation policy, plus unlimited sick and mental health days
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- 12 weeks of fully-paid family leave
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to you community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!
This is a local position in Chicago. Please, no remote workers or recruiters.