Engineering Manager, Buyers APIs at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Buyer APIs team at Affirm builds and maintains the backend APIs that power all of the buyer experiences within the Merchant Engagement engineering organization. The goal of the team is to build the underlying technology that empowers buyers to see promotional messaging, prequalify for a financing offer, go through an Affirm checkout, and repay their loan.
The team builds these APIs for use with Affirm frontend clients, but also works with merchants and partners to bring these capabilities to their products.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineering manager to join us and help fulfill our vision. The work will be challenging due to the speed at which the market is growing, and the work involved will directly impact the growth trajectory of the merchant and partner network.
What you'll do
- Lead a team passionate about APIs that power buyer experiences, providing technical leadership for the team, while having a detailed understanding of our business, company goals, roadmap and resource plans.
- Drive planning and prioritization of projects based on product, technical, and business goals by leveraging relevant resources and data.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations to jointly make decisions vital to deliver to a high-quality, reliable, robust product and service.
- Coach and mentor employees to increase their impact through regular performance development and feedback conversations.
- Cultivate a respectful and supportive environment for all team members that effectively leverages the diversity of the team.
What we look for
- 4-6+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and 1+ year as an engineering manager.
- Passion for working with multi-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Expert at synthesizing sophisticated business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- Humble and authentic leadership which places the needs of others first and helps people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Experience scaling systems in a service oriented architecture preferred but not required.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.