Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We're excited to share that financial services startup, Affirm is setting up shop in Chicago's River North neighborhood! This office will provide us with a much needed midwest outpost for our Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Product teams. Join us on our mission to build honest and transparent financial products that improve lives.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our new Marketing Technology engineering team. This team will partner closely with our Marketing organization to create a seamless user messaging journey that thoughtfully surfaces our suite of Affirm products and the amazing merchants we partner with. We are experiencing explosive growth in our core lending product and are expanding our product portfolio; your managerial and technical leadership will be a key enabler of that growth.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What You'll Be Responsible For
- Leading, mentoring, and growing an engineering team responsible for building systems to enable core marketing programs
- Growing new products at Affirm by partnering with our Marketing team and building marketing features within our core products and platforms
- Partnering with Analytics, Machine Learning, and Data Science teams to enable deeper customer personalization
- Building key integrations with third-party vendors to drive user growth and engagement
- Acting as a key engineering lead for our new Chicago engineering office
What We Look For
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better
- Prior experience growing and managing engineering teams
- Demonstrated experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems
- Previous experience with sales and marketing systems (e.g. Salesforce Marketing Cloud) are a plus
- Fluency in full stack development
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to hire and build teams
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
Read Full Job Description