Engineering Manager, Core Messaging at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
We're looking for an engineering manager for our Core Messaging team, which is the team responsible for building, maintaining, and evolving our message pipeline. That means supporting the sending of messages for clients around the world, which utilizes billions of MongoDB, Redis queries and asynchronous jobs, and infrastructure spanning cloud providers across the globe.
This role is responsible for setting the vision and leading the team. You’ll be a key engineering leader and will help us evolve critical components of our systems, building and optimizing for a massive scale. You will manage the team and lead software development via strategic coding, design doc review, pull request review, architecture design, growing engineers, setting vision and goals, process and protocol, and hiring.
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of relevant experience with a strong track record of success
- Professional experience with one or more of the following (or similar) backend technologies: Ruby, Go, MongoDB, Ruby on Rails, microservice architecture, distributed systems, Redis.
- You have experience in leading engineering teams staffed with senior engineers.
- Excellent communication skills and a user-centric attitude.
- Experience with agile processes and process improvement in software engineering teams.
- Strong organizational skills
Experience in one of the following:
- databases at scale
- front-end architecture
- service architectures
- email/push infrastructure (ESPs, APNS, FCM, etc.).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.