Engineering Manager, Explore Content Creation at Reverb
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build,power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurswith buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle uniqueproblems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human.We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, butsmall enough that you can make a rewarding impact.Job Description
Etsy is seeking an Engineering Manager to a new team in our Mexico City office focused on video content creation in our buyer (Buy on Etsy) and seller (Sell on Etsy) apps. We are also open to remote candidates based in Mexico.
About the Role
Build and manage a new team of apps engineers (Android, iOS, Flutter) and API engineers focused on video content creation tools. You will work with recruiting and the rest of the management team to establish this new squad.
- Serve as a coach, mentor, and advocate for the engineers on your team
- Plan and deliver your team’s roadmap
- Foster a culture of learning, collaboration and thoughtful delivery on your teams
- Work with other leaders within engineering to develop and evolve engineering processes and best practices
- Collaborate with product and design partners along with management team to refine team scope.
To succeed in this role, you
- Have a passion and deep knowledge for building native apps (experience with video content creation a plus, but not required)
- Are an experienced leader who brings both technical acuity and leadership skills to build high-performing teams
- Have broad knowledge of product engineering
- Know how to apply process judiciously to amplify your team’s work and deliver products more effectively
- Have the ability to make decisions in the face of ambiguous or changing priorities and goals
- Have a track record of using communications, facilitation, and active listening skills to foster a collaborative and inclusive culture on your team.
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a coverletter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you'vehopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality andvariety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to belike you! So write to us and tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makesus a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. Weencourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences toapply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on thebasis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexualorientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability,gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status,veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure thatindividuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations toparticipate in the job application and interview process, to performessential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges ofemployment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunitiesmay be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. Were open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.