Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We're excited to share that financial services startup, Affirm is setting up shop in Chicago's River North neighborhood! This office will provide us with a much needed midwest outpost for our Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Product teams. Join us on our mission to build honest and transparent financial products that improve lives.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Merchant Engagement engineering group, dedicated to all things merchant facing. More specifically, our Chicago-based teams will be working to expand and scale Affirm’s underlying technology to enable Affirm to work with more merchants and to better serve our existing merchants. We are experiencing explosive growth in our core lending product and are expanding our product portfolio; your managerial and technical leadership will be a key enabler of that growth.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What You'll Do
- Leading, mentoring, and growing an engineering team responsible for building backend systems that support our ever growing list of merchants
- Partnering with Analytics, Data Science, and Data Engineering teams to provide merchants with comprehensive reporting, conveying Affirm’s strong value proposition
- Acting as a key engineering lead for our new Chicago engineering office
What We Look For
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better
- Prior experience growing and managing engineering teams
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems
- Strong Backend engineering fundamentals
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to hire and build teams
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
Read Full Job Description