Engineering Manager, Mobile at Vivid Seats
This position is open to fully-remote candidates who can work from anywhere in the United States and Canada. Candidates also have the option to work from one of our office locations in Chicago or Toronto.
We strongly encourage all interested applicants to apply to our open roles regardless of how many qualifications they meet. Most of our posted positions have a degree of flexibility in the stated requirements.
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of engineers in developing Vivid Seats' native mobile applications. You'll be responsible for building a smart, clean, and intuitive UI that guides fans to their favorite live events.
- Lead complex engineering initiatives and act as the technical subject matter expert in software design, architecture, implementation, deployment, and support for all software development
- Mentor, manage, and develop mobile, web, or backend engineering teams
- Promote development best practices such as BDD, TDD, and pair programming in a fast paced Agile environment
- Monitor and project team growth needs, interview candidates, and hire talented engineers
- Provide overall accountability for all aspects of team software development
- Stay up to date on new and emerging technologies, planning accordingly to incorporate valuable concepts to enhance Vivid Seats applications
- Work with other engineering teams to continually improve the development environment
- A proven career leading high-performing engineering teams, preferably in the ecommerce industry
- A proven career developing mobile apps for iOS and/or Android
- Experience shipping apps to the App Store and Play Store
- Passion for mobile platforms and keeping up with the latest technologies, usability, and user experiences
- Strong knowledge of REST APIs and backend services
- Familiarity with Agile development cycles, rapid prototyping, and A/B Testing
- Creativity, fearlessness and an unwavering commitment to putting our customers first
Nice to haves:
- Experience establishing and managing both onshore and offshore teams
- Experience building web or backend software solutions
- Experience with modern web frameworks such as React
- Strong expertise with Object Oriented back end languages/technologies such as Java, Groovy, .NET, Scala
- A strong understanding of SQL and database technologies