Engineering Manager, Mobile
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Mobile Engineering Manager at ShopRunner, you’ll be driving technology and architecture decisions for our mobile app solutions, while managing a high performing engineering team. We’ll be looking to you to empower engineers to build high quality features at a fast and sustainable cadence.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage an engineering team practicing Agile software development
- Analyze and evaluate existing technologies in order to plan and lead architectural improvements
- Mentor engineers and own performance management of your team
- Shape the culture of the organization by being a champion of software engineering best practices
- Collaborate with Product Owners to guide product direction
- Coordinate your team’s efforts with other Engineering Managers to organize cross-team dependencies and impact to broader ShopRunner platform initiatives
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 7+ years’ experience as a software engineer with a focus on mobile apps; experience being a leader on an agile software engineering team is a plus
- Experience growing, mentoring, managing and motivating team members
- Experience working in various forms of agile software development in order to guide an engineering team’s agile practice
- Experience communicating and convincing key stakeholders of technological change
- Expertise in mobile app development (iOS)
- Expertise in key programming concepts like memory management, optimization techniques, API design, relational mapping frameworks, and distributed applications.
- A solid understanding of database concepts and experience writing SQL in a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, and extensibility.
- Experience scoping out high level engineering and product initiatives in order to facilitate team level planning and prioritization
- Experience breaking down large, complex features in to functionality that can be delivered iteratively in order to provide incremental customer value
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.