The team for this role is located in Seattle. Candidates can work remote if they live in Atlanta, Chicago, Denver or Los Angeles. You must be open to relocation to Seattle, when we go back to the office, if you live elsewhere.
Managers within Technology at Nordstrom help create an inspiring workplace where talented people are empowered to drive amazing customer experiences and business results. Through broad industry and practice knowledge and hands-on technical management experience, the Manager guides a team of professionals to execute strategy and tactics that deliver desired results.
The Product organization is focused on building the next generation platform that will enable business partners to manage the entire product lifecycle, from item setup to enrichment and presenting an offer to the customer. The entire business process is going to be driven by data, by analytics and will allow fast business growth, by addressing big data challenges. This platform is transformational for Nordstrom, business processes are going to be re-invented and you can be part as a leader of this exciting effort.
A day in the life…
- Assist in enhancing department vision and strategies to support company goals and receive guidance from more senior leaders
- Create training opportunities for team to learn the latest technologies and methodologies
- Ensure team has the tools, resources, and information they need to be successful
- Hire capable and motivated talent/teams that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver solutions aligned with business needs
- Contribute to architecture, coding, test plans, project plans, deployment planning and operations to drive excellence and lead team towards its goals
- Employ continuous improvement methodologies across own team (e.g. quantifies impacts customer first, waste elimination, increased productivity, iterates quickly, shorten feedback loop, experience creating relevant KPIs)
You own this if you have…
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- A BA/BS in Computer Science or closely related degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years leading teams (preferred)
- Demonstrable experience owning and operating business critical systems servicing internal and external customers
- Experience working with cloud technologies, manage scalable solutions that are truly full stack: frontend, backend, data engineering, DB, dev-ops, true CICD, support.
- Exposure to tech stacks like .Net or Java world for services, Python for streams/batches, Javacript for frontends.
Who you are...
- A trendsetter. You thrive in an intellectually challenging environment with leading edge technologies.
- A teacher. You’re able to mentor your peers and help our team grow.
- A learner. You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and greater understanding.
- A pragmatist. Your goal is to create useful products, not build technology for technology’s sake.
- An empath. You understand what the customer needs and use that perspective to create the best user experience.
How we work...
- With others. We have remote pairing tools where engineers often work together, as well as virtual collaboration tools for building out architecture solutions.
- With transparency. We encourage open dialog and discourse. We don’t encourage silos.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.