Engineering Manager - Remote at DFIN
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
We are looking for technical team members at all levels who want to push themselves to deliver best in market SaaS solutions. We offer a challenging environment where you will have to grow, adapt and use your skills consistently. Our customers rely on us in the moments that matter. Engineering delivers on that promise.
The engineering manager delivers results and is focused on execution by:
- Advancing engineering disciplines and technologies.
- Being an active participant in all areas of software engineering, operations and deployments.
- Building a team for success that is focused on winning for the firm and the team.
- Setting and achieving difficult goals through motivation and execution.
- Take Responsibility. Lead the team through example and take an ownership stake in the product roadmap planning, execution and delivery.
- Deliver working, operational, high quality software on a consistent basis.
- Find Growth through Technology Platform. Work collaboratively with the Product Engineering leadership team in setting the vision for DFIN’s software architecture.
- Efficient Pride yourself on using what you have to the best of your abilities. Be it current talent, budget, software stack – make the most out of everything before starting over.
- Scale Yourself Building software is not easy and problems will constantly rise up. This role requires multiplying your impact through operational problems, bugs, requirements and processes. Be willing to take this on yourself and create more versions of yourself to deliver.
- Be flexible in your expectations, goal settings, technology choice by adapting to change.
- Challenges team members.
- Recruit, train and build teams for success.
- Strong leadership skills – ability to motivate people, instill accountability, perform under the pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals
- Excellent knowledge of the new technology trends and its applications for the new products in the marketplace
- Excellent Knowledge of Software Engineering Discipline, including hands-on knowledge of Latest Programming Languages, Object-Oriented Programming, High-Performance,
- Fault-tolerant Distributed Systems, Data Structures and Algorithms, Operating Systems, Distributed DBMS and DB modeling and access languages.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience leading software product development teams
- 8+ years of software development on revenue generating systems and applications with a record of success.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected] #BI-Remote