Engineering Manager, Site Reliability Engineering at Flexport
Enable Flexport to become the most trusted company in global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for an engineering manager to lead and grow the Site Reliability Engineering team that supports our freight forwarding platform. Our SREs are responsible for creating a culture of reliability through the proactive development of services that make our engineering and IT teams do their jobs better.
- Develop a vision, and build a team that executes on a roadmap for improving observability, reliability, and performance of our freight forwarding platform.
- Partner with development teams to improve testing and release procedures.
- Collaborate with internal users to develop a set of SLIs that reflect business needs.
- Improve change management processes to limit the impact of bad changes, quickly and accurately detect problems, and ensure safe roll-back and recovery.
- Provide growth opportunities and mentorship for your team.
- Advise product teams in system design, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
You Should Have:
- 2+ years of experience managing engineers
- 6+ years of SRE/DevOps experience
- 6+ years of experience developing software in Ruby on Rails
- 3+ years of experience managing containerized workloads; Kubernetes experience is a plus
- 3+ years of experience with commercial or open source monitoring tools
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
#LI-TP2Culture & Values
- Learn more at www.keyvalues.com/flexport
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.