Enable Flexport to become the most trusted company in global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for an engineering manager to lead and grow the Site Reliability Engineering team that supports our freight forwarding platform. Our SREs are responsible for creating a culture of reliability through the proactive development of services that make our engineering and IT teams do their jobs better.
- Develop a vision, and build a team that executes on a roadmap for improving observability, reliability, and performance of our freight forwarding platform.
- Partner with development teams to improve testing and release procedures.
- Collaborate with internal users to develop a set of SLIs that reflect business needs.
- Improve change management processes to limit the impact of bad changes, quickly and accurately detect problems, and ensure safe roll-back and recovery.
- Provide growth opportunities and mentorship for your team.
- Advise product teams in system design, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
You Should Have:
- 2+ years of experience managing engineers
- 6+ years of SRE/DevOps experience
- 6+ years of experience developing software in Ruby on Rails
- 3+ years of experience managing containerized workloads; Kubernetes experience is a plus
- 3+ years of experience with commercial or open source monitoring tools
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Learn more at www.keyvalues.com/flexport
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital