The Platform Reliability organization’s mission is to build platform infrastructure, tooling and educational programs to empower ActiveCampaign’s engineering productivity. Our vision is to provide software leveraged by enabling all ActiveCampaign engineers to build scalable applications leveraging our platform with high velocity, quality and performance as features.
We aim to achieve this platform vision by building a best-in-class platform with four 9s of availability, flexibility, security and compliance by default, by providing APIs, abstractions, infrastructure, composable services and self-service interfaces to accelerate product delivery, by optimizing cost-to-serve to achieve profitable scale, by reducing toil, and by building self service features and functionality that delight and inspire our engineers to do their best work.
The engineering manager oversees the SRE team with the primary goals of ensuring the team is delivering quality software, system reliability, scalability, and availability. Key success metrics include system health and availability, ability to scale infrastructure quickly and appropriately, cost to run services, quality and team health.
What your day could consist of:
- Maintain a productive and predictable working environment for the team
- Work closely with team members to ensure best practices and strategic goals are incorporated into development work
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to identify and anticipate changing requirements and opportunities to improve the development environment
- Define and iterate team process, collaboration, and focus on overall team velocity with different stakeholders, including product, design, etc.
- Define, delegate and deliver on key functions around IaC, Security, Observability, Multi-region setup, transformation to microservices
- Work closely with peer reliability engineering managers, security and product engineering counterparts to streamline the intake of tasks and deliver them
- Develop and align functions to ensure smooth intake and delivery of toil , tactical items, planned projects and strategic initiatives aligned with OKR’s
- Manage on-call rotation and be available as on-call manager
- Effectively lead and manage team members to include guidance and coaching on career paths for growth, proactive performance management via JIT feedback, 1:1s/quarterly reviews, participation in the selection process for new hires, technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group, including continuous learning and improvement
- Represent the technology perspective to leadership and aid in the communication between engineers, product managers, leadership, and other stakeholders to include coordinating development projects with other teams and managers, communicating the timeline, scope, risks, and defining the technical roadmap and priorities with stakeholders
- Stay informed of industry and technical trends, changes and developments to ensure the team is always striving for best in class work
What is needed:
- A minimum of three years of experience managing or leading an engineering team
- Managing a site reliability or devops team would be ideal
- AWS native SaaS applications experience is preferred
- Knowledge of microservices architecture deployed on EKS or Native K8s
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong proven leadership abilities and decision-making
- Experience in configuration management and infrastructure as code
- Working in a high-growth/scaling technical environment
- Experience in a SaaS development environment is nice to have
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 600+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions. We have been ranked #4 Best Place to Work on Built In Chicago in 2021, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Career growth including access to personal and professional coaching through Udemy
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.