Engineering Manager - Test Engineering
Signal is hiring an Engineering Manager to manage a team dedicated to overall testing concerns for Signal, including but not limited to our CI and automated testing infrastructure.
As a technical authority, you’ll provide mentorship and technical guidance to more junior members of your Test Engineering team. To more senior members of your team, you’ll be a technical collaborator, pairing often and participating in code reviews. As a people manager, you’ll help your team grow and advance their careers and skills.
And as an Engineering Manager, you’ll work directly with stakeholders throughout the business: other engineering teams, product management, senior management, and non-technical departments to figure out how each engineering team should test their systems.
We look for people who lead by example and want the freedom to solve technical problems. We keep our teams small (3-9) to make this possible. If you want to contribute to the creation and evolution of products that change the way an industry works, keep reading.
So, what would you be doing?
- Build, lead, and develop a team of talented, challenged and happy test engineers and apprentices.
- Build and manage a continuous integration system that tests Signal products, ensuring they function together properly and data is persisted/delivered accurately.
- Build for scale: our platform facilitates billions of requests monthly.
- Work with product and development on new features so that you understand testing requirements.
- Focused testing on high profile, business critical applications that are embedded in our clients’ sites.
- Create tools so developers can test their own code.
- Organize testing plans for general applications testing as well as for the targeted release of specific features.
- Participate in Hack Weeks, Shark Weeks, demo days. Have fun and experience life at a growing tech company.
What we need from you:
- You have engineering management experience. You love to mentor, see people go on to lead their own teams and achieve greatness.
- Technical skills. You have experience working in large code bases and engineering features that are secure, scalable and highly available.
- Sense of curiosity and desire to always be learning.
- Deep experience in testing HTTP, REST, API design and Service-oriented architecture.
- You are comfortable using source control (Git) and Selenium WebDriver automation frameworks.
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous testing and delivery pipelines using Jenkins, Docker, Git or similar technologies.
- You are really smart and amazing but your ego doesn't require that you be the only smart and amazing person on your team.
- A strong preference for open source technologies is a must.
- You care about your work and will do pretty much anything to bring structure and fun to the teams you lead.
- Oh, and one more thing: you’re a pretty nice person on top of it all.
In addition to the specifics of this job, we’re looking for like minded Signalites that fall in love with new ideas, can’t stop learning, and are a pretty nice person on top of all of it. You get that even the most fun kind of work is work, consider putting in the hours an obvious necessity, and easily deal with change. You think well beyond what’s asked of you, live and breathe the minutiae of the work.
What’s in it for you:
You will work with others who value culture and treating one another like adults. To support this we offer a competitive salary/bonus with great benefits, like: unlimited PTO, 401k, health/dental/vision, STD/LTD, snacks, parental leave, Hack Weeks, great colleagues.
How to apply:
Interested? Send your résumé via the link below. Both the business and the team we’re building are incredibly important to us, so include a note explaining what you’ve been doing and why you’d make a great addition to our ranks. Be yourself. We will only respond to people who meet our qualifications... and on whom we develop a professional crush.
Signal is the first and only Customer Identity Solution for the enterprise. Signal’s platform offers an independent identity solution for brands that transforms the customer experience by connecting an always-active profile to customer engagements across all human, physical, and digital touchpoints.
Today, Signal’s technology runs on more than 45,000 digital properties in 158 countries. The platform facilitates billions of data requests monthly, supporting top brands around the world that generate more than $1.5 trillion in commerce, including Allstate, Audi, Crate & Barrel, JetBlue Airways, Starcom MediaVest Group, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and many more.
Signal has been recognized with numerous awards and honors, including being named one of the fastest growing companies on the 2015, 2016, & 2017 Inc. 500 lists. Visit www.signal.co to learn more and follow Signal on LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.