Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
Engineering at Venmo
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing.
The Engineering Team at Venmo is a passionate group of contributors, service owners, architects, managers, and operations. We spend our days scaling our platform and building features that are data-driven and human-centered. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
Web Engineering Manager
The Web team is responsible for our Venmo.com experiences and webviews used in our mobile applications. As the Web Engineering Manager, you will be primarily focused on managing a 12 person team of Web engineers working to create delightful user experiences for Venmo customers. You will help lead the team by crafting a strategic vision and roadmap, and drive initiatives to build clean, robust, and performant web applications at Venmo.
- Things you’ll do:
- Motivate, lead, coach, and mentor frontend software engineers
- Iterate with our UX and Product teams in an agile environment to bring features from conception to launch
- Collaborate with platform and infrastructure engineering teams to ensure the apps operate at scale and meet security requirements
What we are looking for:
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and shared knowledge. Advocate for development best practices
- Foster a collaborative attitude within the team and across the broader Venmo organization
- Manage engineer performance -- leveraging strengths and ameliorating weaknesses
- Play a key role in people-related initiatives including recruiting, onboarding, performance reviews, training, career advancement, etc.
- 8+ years experience in software development or a related field
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers of 5 or more
- Experience mentoring and developing web software engineers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (must be able to give honest, direct, and actionable feedback)
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.