At its best, local government is a unifying force with the power to dramatically improve lives. Govtech-company CityBase is helping smart people build intelligent government, working with cities, counties, utilities, and states to create a place as dynamic as the people who live in it, work in it, and contribute to it. Accessible and responsive, adaptive and efficient, our cloud-based platform is digitizing the city-hall experience and impacting constituents nationwide.
Interested in joining our team of 60-plus innovators at our Chicago headquarters? Check out our current job listings.
What we are looking for:
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll be the player, coach, and spirit animal of 3 product engineering teams, delivering amazing user experiences and predictive functionality through our platform. You will work directly with the team leads to help manage the development and delivery process, and resources. You will have the opportunity to continue to code should you want to, and would be expected to develop a deep knowledge of the systems under your purview over time.
- Manage several development teams: be a technical tie-breaker, perform HR-related, performance management and interpersonal communication duties
- Work with the Platform team to design scalable solutions
- Collaborate with product management team and senior technical staff to meet deliverable timeframes
- Coordinate development projects with other teams and managers
- Provide regular progress, roadblock and opportunity reports to senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of management experience (in addition to the 5 above)
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead Agile Scrum teams
- Familiarity with test-driven development and best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Startup experience (preferred)
- Highly self-motivated with strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn and improve on existing approaches
- Experience with analytical tools, databases and methodologies