The Engineers at Reverb take creative initiative, help set their own priorities, and come up with new ways to grow the business. Our team members take pride in crafting great software, but take even more pride in product ownership and beyond. While autonomy and ownership are held in high regard at Reverb, we are looking for passionate people managers to coach our next generation of leaders. We care deeply about fostering an environment that promotes learning and development, and you’ll play an instrumental role in implementing different tactics, strategies, and practices to grow our engineers as professionals and provide them with the right challenges to keep them engaged and motivated. As a company that values feedback, we are looking for people who excel at both giving and receiving feedback in a way that encourages dialogue and inspires teams to succeed.
To complement your people skills, you’re also confident in your knowledge and understanding of software development and technologies. We believe in a team-oriented approach that encourages managers to be actively involved in the engineering process: effectively leading technical discussions, helping to resolve technical disagreements, presenting and evaluating engineering trade-offs, and rolling up your sleeves to get your hands in the code, if the occasion calls for it.
- Mentor and manage team members through regular 1-on-1s and continuous feedback to enhance performance and encourage career growth.
- Be an advocate and clear the road for your team by identifying and removing obstacles.
- Ensure that Reverb standard engineering practices are followed and help define practices where there may be a gap.
- Develop and improve communication channels between teams, Product, and other engineers
- Collaborate with the Product team to define goals and objectives and work with your team to ensure goals are being met.
- Previous experience leading and/or building a strong engineering team via hiring, developing, and motivating talent.
- Deep expertise in web technologies with a track record of overseeing technical design and completing projects with high quality.
- Comfortable operating at leadership level, as well as the team level - contributing to the code base when needed.
- Able to guide teams to iteratively ship using feature flags and frequent merges to master.
- Proven track record of motivating teams towards delivering business results in a fast paced, agile environment.
- Experience in related domains within e-commerce is highly desirable. Prefer experience in both front (React or similar) and back-end (Ruby/Go/Node) technologies.
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a high growth company.
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative is valued, and where everyone talks to customers.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment-- no 80 hour weeks.
- 401k with 4% match.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- A MacBook, monitor, keyboard, standing desk and mouse of your choice.
- Discounts on music gear.