Engineering Manager at Strata Decision Technology
Here @ Strata…
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.
We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Respectful. Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you’ll do in this role:
The ideal candidate should be an experienced, hands-on technology leader, with expertise in taking engineering teams from early growth through mature organizations, as well as a consistent track record of developing platforms that scale both technologically and operationally.
- Work directly with the CTO, VP of Product Management and other key team members to support the platform roadmap and ensure its implementation throughout the development life cycle.
- Grow the engineering team beyond the current size and help attract and train gifted and passionate engineering talents.
- Coach team members on coding practices and in making business-driven decisions.
- Lead team members in improving team accountability, performance, and collaboration.
- Actively remove barriers by improving internal/external communications for the team with the larger organization.
- Define objectives and track results for team members in a supportive, motivating, and fact driven way.
- Emphasize quality and scalability of the engineering product while optimizing processes.
- Collaborate with product teams to understand and translate requirements, ensuring specifications and architecture design meet broader technical strategic goals.
- Identify, research, and propose strategic initiatives in a way that balances both the short and long term company goals.
Your accomplishments include:
- BS in Computer Science, Math, or a related technical field
- 8+ years of software development and design experience
- Experience working in SaaS environment
- Experience acting as a technical lead, ability to mentor and lead other software engineers
- Experience building and operating large scale systems
- Broad knowledge of programming languages with an emphasis on .NET
- Mastery of relational databases is required, OLAP and Big Data exposure is a plus
- Application of agile methodologies to iteratively improve the customer experience and optimize engineering productivity
- Use of fact-based analyses to deliver recommendations to senior management about decisions related to managing the software development process and team
- Directly managed engineering teams, led recruiting, hiring, retention, and training process for engineers
- Strong understanding of QA processes and methodologies
- Extremely organized, with a firm grasp on your calendar and priorities