Engineering Manager at Vibes
We help marketers unlock new revenue by arming them with the technology and expertise they need to succeed in mobile marketing. The Vibes Mobile Engagement Platform enables marketers to easily manage all mobile communication channels including text messaging, push notifications, Apple Wallet, Google Pay and mobile web campaigns — all through a single interface. Vibes has delivered more than ten billion mobile experiences on behalf of customers that include Chipotle, Discover, Home Depot, PetSmart, Foot Locker and Allstate, and is recognized as one of only four Tier 1 aggregators by the Common Short Code Administration (CSCA). To learn more about Vibes, visit www.vibes.com.
Vibes is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented engineering manager to join our team. The person in this position will play a key role in the overall success of our organization by planning, organizing, and directing engineering to meet company objectives. They will also be responsible for overseeing various engineering projects, processes, and timelines and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude with a strong focus on leadership and accountability.
We are a group of passionate technologists, intent on solving hard problems in the evolving world of mobile engagement. We focus on collaboration and continuous improvement of our products and ourselves.
You are an experienced technology leader who brings a well-rounded approach to leading engineering teams. You care deeply about the engineers on your team, building trusting, individual relationships to help them grow both their technical and soft skills. You're passionate about engineering excellence and drive improvements through the entire software development lifecycle to reduce the time to market while maintaining high quality.
Engineering Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an engineering leader and technical expert
- Review and oversee timelines for engineering projects
- Monitor and determine staffing and training needs
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members
- Communicate and collaborate with other members of the Vibes team
Engineering Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field of study
- Master’s degree in engineering management or business administration preferred
- 6+ years of engineering experience
- 2+ years managing and leading engineers
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the engineering team on track
- Hire, train, and mentor engineers
- Write performance reviews and solve internal issues
- Self-motivated with the ability to thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Excellent communication skills
Our Core Values
- Respect, Honesty, and Integrity for All Stakeholders
- Always be Learning
- Relentless Focus on the Customer
- Never be Satisfied
- Create Value
- Seek Accountability and Ownership
Vibes is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and fosters diversity in the workplace. We offer a career building experience in a fast-paced organization and industry.