Engineering Manager at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves in 2018 and 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
project44 is looking for an Engineering Manager to join (and lead) our engineering team in downtown Chicago. You will work in a fast-paced Agile environment who are designing, building, and implementing scalable micro-service systems consumed by companies around the world.
What you’re most excited for:
- Being a servant leader.
- Promote technical innovation and execution excellence to accelerate API adoption in the freight industry.
- Build software solutions which meet and exceed operating targets of reliability and performance with global customers and integration partners.
- Attract, develop and retain a high performing team, offering ongoing feedback, professional growth opportunities, and overall career guidance.
- Employ agile based development methodologies, and introduce new modes of development practices aligned with changing business priorities and roadmaps.
- Closely partner with product and business teams to influence product decisions, roadmaps and provide subject matter expertise.
- Collaborate with product on prioritization and scheduling of product and engineering features.
- Working with QA to develop and implement efficient data testing capabilities.
- Don't have everything listed? No problem! We'd still like to hear from you.
- Managerial Org. chart: Engineering Manager -> Sr. Engineering Manager -> Director of Engineering -> VP of Engineering -> CTO
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.