Engineering Manager at The Marketing Store
The Marketing Store is a global Customer Engagement Agency that believes closer insights, closer connections and closer collaboration create better, more effective work. With a network of offices across North America, Europe and Asia, it’s our goal to bring people and brands closer together. Through this dedication to getting closer, greater potential is released.
The Senior Architect is an exciting role that allows the candidate to have command over a variety of technical disciplines: System and Software Design, Requirements Analysis, and Software Engineering. The Senior Architect must be an excellent communicator who will represent the company as a technical expert during client engagements and represent the technology department internally as part of multidisciplinary teams collaborating on Digital Products. As a technical solutions expert, the Senior Architect will be a trusted partner responsible for designing technical solutions that satisfy project requirements within allotted time and resource budgets. The Senior Architect will participate in all phases of a technical project lifecycle as an expert in technical aspects of the project, guiding technical specialists and advising management and non-technical staff.
- Design solution architecture that satisfies the needs of both the business and individual projects.
- Integrate with development and operations teams to implement solutions.
- Comprehend business strategies and requirements and develop necessary designs and plans to ensure projects and solutions satisfy those needs
- Act as a contributing member of the project team from project inception to completion
- Actively listen to client problems and needs to implement that information when creating solution plans
- Provide advice and make decisions about which technologies would be suitable to use for various projects
- Communicating with various teams of both technical and non-technical backgrounds for solution planning and project execution.
- Determine level of effort and operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Consistently monitor the scope of projects
- Collaborate with project managers and other staff members to develop budgets and timelines for solutions
- Assess and evaluate risk as required
- Maintain understanding of how individual work and decisions fit into the broader organizational picture
- Keep skills updated and remain proactively aware of happenings and current events in the industry
- Prepare and install solutions by designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Mentor, educate, and train colleagues as requested
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of work experience in a relevant role
- Proven history of generating innovative and effective solutions
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to explain complex technical topics in an easily digestible manner
- Experience with database management and proper systems security best practices
- Willingness to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous project management experience is preferred
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience building complex web systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Experience implementing and consuming large-scale web services
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Experience building systems using Java 8 and above features.
- Familiarity with a reactive application framework such as Akka, Vert.x or Spring Reactor
- Excellent working knowledge of at least one high performance relational database such as MySQL
- Strong understanding of database schema design and access
Desired Skills & Experience
- Understanding of the tradeoffs in the various approaches to designing concurrent software
- Experience building highly concurrent network services
- Thorough knowledge of techniques for testing distributed systems
- Experience with system profiling and performance tuning
- Understanding of JVM memory management and garbage collection tuning
- High level of comfort working on Linux from command line
- Solid understanding of cloud computing strengths and weaknesses
- Solid understanding of security and encryption practices
- Experience working with a NoSQL database
- Skill with system scripting languages such as Python or Lua for tool creation
- Experience with debugging and profiling tools
- Experience with load testing high performance distributed systems
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies