Engineering Team Lead- Last-Mile Delivery
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
This role will focus as an Engineering Team Lead who is willing to wear many hats and take ownership of last mile estimation delivery full- life-cycle development, including design and architecture and managing a team of awesome engineers. This role will focus on our Delivery team that impacts how our customers use our service.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work directly with Data and Decision Science teams to productionize predictive models at massive scale
- Take technical responsibility for a family of systems - manage technical debt, be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement, and work with system engineers to keep our production systems scaling and performing fast
- Lead and manage teams’ sprints, and deliverables
- Develop highly-available, fault-tolerant core features on our ordering platform
- Contribute to design and architecture of systems that span multiple teams and/or products
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for our diners, restaurants, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices and new technologies
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable logistics applications in Java and a database like Cassandra
- 2+ years in a leadership capacity or 5+ years experience with leadership responsibilities
Provides mentorship and coaching on career growth and development in a formal setting
- Manages a team of Engineers and provides mentorship and coaching on career growth for People Management responsibility
- Experience working in a test-driven development
- Knowledge of or experience with developing distributed systems
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.