Engineering Team Lead
Position: Engineering Team Lead, Payformance Solutions
Office: Chicago, IL
Why we’re excited to get to work:
The mission for Payformance Solutions is simple. We aim to be a catalyst for payment transformation in the healthcare industry. Our proprietary software solutions allow payers and providers to focus on what really matters: providing patients with access to care that yields the best health outcomes, at the lowest costs.
The healthcare industry is complex and fragmented. Payers and providers are faced with a lack of transparency and conflicting financial goals that fail to consider the health outcomes of patients. We help stakeholders plan, negotiate, operate and optimize value-based reimbursement programs by leveraging our industry-leading research and technology to develop alternative payment strategies. Our comprehensive, full-service approach ensures that your organization’s transition to value-based care accelerates smoothly with speed and flexibility while improving the quality of care.
What you’ll do:
- We’re looking for someone who is hungry to step up and prove themselves. Ideally you have been a technical lead or had some managerial exposure already, but are eager to step up and build something even bigger then you have been responsible for in the past.
- You have strong debugging skills. Have the knowledge and tools ready to diagnose and solve issues within your domain. Have the interest and curiosity to diagnose and solve issues outside your domain.
- You know when not to do something. There are many interesting and useful tools out there, we enjoy talking about them and tinkering with how they fit into our roadmap but we maintain a strict GSD mentality. Know when to use established best practices and when to take a risk to try something new. The best software is working software.
- You mentor others. We passionately share our knowledge and, by doing so, we improve the skills of the entire team.
- You code review meticulously. Put your experience to work.
- You can communicate complex technical ideas clearly. We can’t solution as a team if you don’t have the ability to express your ideas and get others on board.
- You specialize. Do three to five things on a team but take ownership over the one or two things you specialize in most.
- MOST OF ALL….You are passionate. You enjoy what you do and with whom you do it. We enjoy our culture and are extremely protective of it. You should be outgoing, fun, and intense.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Masters or PhD from an accredited college/ university in Computer Science or Engineering
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent quantitative skills and programming skills
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience working with presentation software, such as Vue.js, Plotly, and D3
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams
- Demonstrated ability to complete work on time
To all recruitment agencies: Payformance does not accept agency resumes, we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Payformance Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.