Engineering Team Lead
Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 1,000 restaurants and 800+ clients, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by different restaurants that come onsite and serve fresh lunch from their chef’s unique menus. Now with over 30 million meals sold, Fooda operates in nineteen major US cities and plans for continued expansion.
About the Team:
We are a close-knit product development team of 33 engineers, PMs and data scientists, tackling technical problems around scaling, rapid user acquisition, machine learning and optimization challenges for a high-growth, VC-backed business, every single day. Take an in-depth look at our platform here.
- Enjoy a fantastic work-life balance with daily releases and no on-call duty
- Build new features within a small, agile team
- Work downtown at one of Chicago’s fastest growing startups
About the Role:
In collaboration with the VP of Engineering, Fooda is looking for a passionate Engineering Team Lead to guide a team of engineers on design and architectural decisions for large scale projects. This is an opportunity to both proactively mentor developing engineers as well as grow our Popup Restaurants and Food Hall businesses by increasing customer engagement and conversion rates. The technology team is focused on both sides of our marketplace: Our diners growing 3x YoY and our network of 1,000+ restaurants in nineteen cities. You will build features that will touch up to 500 transactions per minute and generate millions in revenue, but most importantly, will bring the best lunch to our users at work. What you'll be doing:
- Architect, implement and test technology solutions at Fooda
- Motivate and advise technical solutions across multiple cross functional teams
- Manage a team of engineers and provide mentorship and coaching on career growth for People Management responsibility
- Drive execution on your projects to build highly available backend systems; own your team's sprints, ceremonies and deliverables committed to each sprint
- Actively contribute to the adoption of software architecture, best practices and technologies (we are always improving the process of building software and need you to help contribute)
- Drive your project team to build in Fooda’s best interests by being cognizant of business requirements, market needs, customer pain points, etc.
- Participate in future product direction
What You Should Already Have:
- Experience working within a product engineering team and a track record of contributing to and leading projects
- 6+ years of backend engineering experience, 2+ years with architect or lead level experience
- Masterful understanding of Ruby on Rails (3+ years of experience)
- Experience architecting, designing and developing testable, fault tolerant and performant software
- Experience with AWS and Cloud Infrastructure
What We’ll Hook You Up With:
- Competitive market salary and stock options based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- 401k matching and flexible spending account
- Paid maternity and parental leave benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Laptop and peripherals of your choice
- Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Fooda provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fooda complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.