Enterprise Java Architect at Kin + Carta
Solstice | Kin + Carta is a modern software engineering firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through groundbreaking digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible digital solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers. Solid communication skills, a servant leadership attitude, a love of learning and an analytical mind are a must to be successful at Solstice | Kin + Carta. Solstice | Kin + Carta is seeking an Enterprise Java Architect to join our Cloud Practice on a full time or contract basis.
Your Profile Includes:
- Experience as a passionate technology application architect with a history of working with enterprise technologies, and leading the development effort of large-scale enterprise systems
- Strong level knowledge of Java and Java web applications
- Strong understanding of modern Spring frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Services, etc)
- Solid OOD and OOP skills are required
- Previous experience delivering products in an Agile environment
- Experience developing enterprise applications that support high traffic volumes
- 10 or more years of professional software development experience
- Exposure to modern software practices such as TDD, CI/CD, etc. is required
- Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Working experience with microservice architectures is a plus
- Working experience with public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- Working experience with modern web application frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS, etc) is also a plus
- Previous exposure to Pivotal Cloud Foundry is a huge plus
- You have a knack for picking up new technologies quickly and the ability to apply concepts learned in other technologies and frameworks to those new platforms.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Open to a minimum of 80% travel required
What You Will Be Doing:
- Being a senior thought leader in the firm and leading the architecture design for Fortune 500 clients in order to build enterprise grade cloud native applications
- Supporting team members in order to deliver products to market in an efficient manner
- Partnering with top notch designers to create award winning user experiences
- Bridging the gap between elegant front end design and existing enterprise backend architectures
- Playing the technical leadership role in enterprise strategy and development projects and supporting pre-sales work.
- Mentoring less experienced engineers to foster their career path and growth
- Traveling to client site on a weekly basis to collaborate with client development team
We welcome Solsties to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Solstice | Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.