Enterprise Java Architect
Solstice is a modern software engineering firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through groundbreaking digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible digital solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers. Solid communication skills, a servant leadership attitude, a love of learning and an analytical mind are a must to be successful at Solstice. Solstice is seeking an Enterprise Java Architect to join our Cloud Practice on a full time or contract basis.
Your Profile Includes:
- Experience as a passionate technology application architect with a history of working with enterprise technologies, and leading the development effort of large-scale enterprise systems
- Strong level knowledge of Java and Java web applications
- Strong understanding of modern Spring frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Services, etc)
- Solid OOD and OOP skills are required
- Previous experience delivering products in an Agile environment
- Experience developing enterprise applications that support high traffic volumes
- 10 or more years of professional software development experience
- Exposure to modern software practices such as TDD, CI/CD, etc. is required
- Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Working experience with microservice architectures is a plus
- Working experience with public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- Working experience with modern web application frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS, etc) is also a plus
- Previous exposure to Pivotal Cloud Foundry is a huge plus
- You have a knack for picking up new technologies quickly and the ability to apply concepts learned in other technologies and frameworks to those new platforms.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Open to a minimum of 80% travel required
What You Will Be Doing:
- Being a senior thought leader in the firm and leading the architecture design for Fortune 500 clients in order to build enterprise grade cloud native applications
- Supporting team members in order to deliver products to market in an efficient manner
- Partnering with top notch designers to create award winning user experiences
- Bridging the gap between elegant front end design and existing enterprise backend architectures
- Playing the technical leadership role in enterprise strategy and development projects and supporting pre-sales work.
- Mentoring less experienced engineers to foster their career path and growth
- Traveling to client site on a weekly basis to collaborate with client development team
We welcome Solsties to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Solstice is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.