Enterprise Outbound Dialer Platform Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Dialer Engineering is aligning itself to an Omni channel approach to outbound customer contact. The team is responsible for the architecture, design, development, customization and implementation of the Enterprise outbound customer contact solution and will soon begin a new approach by integrating real time events from other technology solutions into the outbound predictive systems.
We are searching for an experienced and motivated Platform Engineer to join our growing Dialer Engineering team. This team is responsible for the architecture, design, development, customization and implementation of the Enterprise outbound dialer platform. This position will manage the discovery, design, configuration and deployment of the outbound dialing platform as well as customization of the platform. This person will operate in a tier 3/Engineering technical model proving advanced support of a large scale 2500 seat platform/multi callenter environment. The primary responsibility of this role will be leading and managing the infrastructure space related to this platform, providing key Unix/Linux Administrative needs as well as Windows server management, including patching and security vulnerability management.
- Analysis of business requirements and subsequent creation of high level technical design documents and technical specifications in accordance with company architecture standards
- Perform unit and system testing of application code as well as execution of implementation activities
- Analysis and identification of technical areas of improvement within existing applications
- Work with internal IT and non IT teams to complete project activities
- Knowledge of best practices for maintaining highly available applications and services
- Experience with a variety of development methodologies (Agile, Iterative, Waterfall)
- Understanding of Change Management principles
- Self motivated team player with strong leadership skills
- Ability to adapt communication style based on audience targeting non technical as well as technical clients
- Efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task by simultaneously working on several time-sensitive initiatives
- Advanced knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Advanced knowledge of Unix/Linux Shell/Python scripting
- Understanding of OS/Kernal upgrades and best practices
- Installing and maintaining application software
- Understanding of Windows OS and Server/IIS Management
- SQL – SQL server / PostGreSQl knowledge
- Basic understanding Call Center technology including Cisco UCCE, Verint call recording
- Understanding of Telephony infrastructure using SIP/RTP
- Noble Outbound predictive dialer/Harmony/Maestro technical experience a PLUS
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!