Cisco Meraki is looking for a Software Developer to join our Team in Chicago. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. With that said, we’re taking orders 24/7 and shipping them all over the world. The tiniest hitch in that process can cost us an incalculable amount in dollars and work hours. That’s where you come in.
You’ll be joining the existing development team to improve, develop, and maintain the processes that form Meraki’s backbone. You will be working on building integration between various internals products and business systems. We expect your tool kit to be diverse: proposing process improvements, customizing Middleware or creating your own solutions, integrating our various systems (Internal & External) and ability to learn new languages and frameworks quickly.
What You Will Do:
- Build integrations across internal and external systems to support existing processes and new initiatives
- Optimizing operational processes using WebMethods BPMS, Java, and scripting languages
- Using Rails to customize order entry interface, improving order flow and reducing order processing time
- Allowing users to gain more insight into business performance by enhancing the data warehouse
- Propose, Automate, streamline, and improve existing processes to allow various teams to maximize productivity
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years post-collegiate programming experience. Java or Ruby experience a plus.
- Solid experience with integration software – Experience with Webmethods will be a bonus
- Professional experience with large scale ERP systems a huge plus
- Knowledge of microservice architectures and web services– Salesforce, SOAP, REST, etc.
- Prior experience with architecting business solutions using knowledge of Middleware, databases, and scripting languages
- Proficiency in SQL and XML
Great to Have:
- Passion for improving existing home-brewed tools and programs to make life easier for everyone
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.