Entry-Level Developer (Web/iOS/Android) - Spring/Summer 2020
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We're driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we're able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we're searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of "Fastest Growing Companies," 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
Job DescriptionRightpoint is seeking an Entry-Level Developer to help build and maintain applications for Rightpoint's clients (startups and big brands like Six Flags, Johnson Controls, Boston Beer Company, United Airlines, Chamberlain, Aon, New Belgium Brewing, B&H Photo, RunKeeper, Rue La La, and Care.com, just to name a few!) using a variety of web, mobile, and API technologies. This person will work with a team of experienced project/product managers, experience designers, and fellow developers to build enterprise-grade solutions. We take pride in mentoring and encourage those who have a strong passion for learning and a foundation in one or more of the areas below to apply!
What you'll be doing:
- Creating quality source code
- Receiving mentorship through code reviews, pair programming, and internal tech talks
- Interacting with designers and project/product managers to engineer applications
- Understanding timelines, analyzing dependencies, and raising red flags as necessary
- Contributing to shared source code repositories
- Developing custom features based on specifications and technical designs
- Taking responsibility for feature-focused unit and system testing
- Contributing to user acceptance testing procedures and monitoring results
- Maintaining quality revisions, solution performance, and change control
- Helping define features and create solutions for clients
- Working alongside and communicating actively with client teams
Web Development Skills:
Desired skills or exposure:
- Web programming languages including .NET Framework, C#, ASP.NET, and Ruby
- Client-side browser development using React, Angular, or Vue with an emphasis on Single Page Applications (SPA)
- Cross-platform development in React Native and Xamarin
- Database technologies including SQL Server or No SQL variations
- Content platform experience including Sitecore, Episerver, or SharePoint
- Cloud ecosystems including Azure or AWS
iOS Development Skills:
Desired skills or exposure:
- Familiarity of Swift and iOS platform frameworks like UIKit and CoreData.
- Exposure to Apple standards and Human Interface Guidelines.
Android Development Skill:
Desired skills or exposure:
- Familiarity of Java, Gradle, and the Android framework.
- Familiarity with Google's Material Design guidelines.
- Exposure to Kotlin and popular third party libraries such as Retrofit, RxJava and Dagger.
Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent work experience
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 4 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Peapod Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Happy Hours and social events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Basketball, 5K runs, golf outings, team sports, etc.
- Catered Lunches Every Other Friday
- Open Office Environment
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an "Employment Authorized" result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.