Entry Level Developer
Founded in 2001, Adage is a web design and development firm that combines strategic thinking with a passion for technology to advance our client's purpose. We bring together a diverse team of creative and technical professionals who partner with our clients to create their digital strategy. It’s our people first approach that drives us to win awards, work with prestigious clients, and break ground with exciting technology.
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago.
As a Developer at Adage, you will be building highly customized ecommerce and CMS web applications that bridge the gap between our clients and their customers. As part of a scrum team, you’ll be collaborating with teammates and clients through the full project lifecycle, from requirements gathering to launch, to develop solutions that help advance our client’s mission.
We're looking for entry level Developers to join our team in Spring and Summer 2020.
We work in C# and ASP.NET, but you do not need experience with either to apply. We are looking for humble, hard-working programmers who have a strong OOP background and experience with web development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with your team using creative problem solving approaches on technical challenges
- Building complex web applications and dynamic components of web and ecommerce sites utilizing ASP.NET, C#, Visual Studio, and MVC
- Enhancing application features using client-side technologies like React.js Angular.js, and Ajax
- Taking accountability for project components as a valued member of your scrum team
- Working with a mentor who is there to share knowledge and show you the ropes
- Constantly improving your own skills and showing enthusiasm in your hard work
- Taking initiative to learn and expand your technical and professional skills to advance your career development
We want someone who:
- Has a BS in Computer Science
- Has a strong command of either C#, Java, C++ or another C-based programming language
- Enjoys problem solving
- Has a desire to work with clients
- Has an excellent fundamental understanding of programming concepts and methods
- Is passionate about their work, motivated to learn and constantly looking to improve
- Is organized, proactive and able to work on multiple projects at a time
- Net experience a plus but NOT required
What Adage Offers
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on the Crain’s list of Best Places to Work in Chicago. We have a people first approach, and support our employees with the things that matter most. You’ll enjoy work life balance with flex schedules, work from home options, and 20+ days paid time off annually. Adage offers great benefits with 90% employer paid insurance, profit sharing bonuses, 401k, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen.
Adage Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents and respects diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets. All qualified candidates that share Adage's core values are strongly encouraged to apply.