Entry-Level Pre-Sales Systems Engineer at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe Center of Excellence Engineering Team supports our network of Channel Partners in designing solutions for their customers. The CoEE Team is the conduit for Channel Partners to obtain help in generating proposals, including equipment lists, proposal text, and coverage studies. CoEE develops and maintains tools to enable quick turn proposals to be generated for a variety of system types.
Our Company has an outstanding track record of success and strives to build long term relationships with our customers. Customer satisfaction is given great emphasis and we strive to build a trusted advisor relationship with every customer.
The customer team comprises Sales, Project Management, System Engineering and System Technologist personnel working together in a high performance culture, often with demanding cycle times and high customer expectations because we are working on mission critical communication systems.
Many of our systems are designed around the APCO Project 25 communications standard. With the growth of data services some of our customer’s mobile wireless networks are being enhanced with LTE infrastructure for applications such as live mobile video transmission supplementing our traditional core voice and narrowband data networks.
The Systems Engineer will take responsibility for and oversee all technical aspects, along with a senior engineer, of assigned project from award until system acceptance.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
The Pre-Sales Engineer is the architect and owner of solution design. This includes development, design, evaluation, and modification of system solutions and architecture to meet customer requirements. This includes:
• Equipment list generation
• Description of system design, including diagrams
• Understanding customer requirements
• Radio Coverage design and analysis
• Calculation of power and networking requirements
• Participation in proposal reviews and contract negotiations
• Consultative guidance to customers and sales team
• Presentations to customers
The ideal candidate has the following skills and capabilities:
• Bachelor's Degree with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• Some applicable internship or actual experience preferred
• Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to present complex topics to technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Willingness to think out of the box and challenge the status quo
• Attention to detail and a flawless execution mindset
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with different deadlines
• Experience with Google Suite Platform (Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc)
• Experience with Google Scripts is highly desirable
• General knowledge of wireless communications fundamentals and voice/data architectures - both public and private (e.g. APCO P25, LTE, 802.11, 3G/4G) is highly desirable
• General knowledge of IP networking architecture, protocols and security is highly desirable
• Knowledge of RF coverage predictions, traffic/capacity modeling, and related toolsets
• Willingness to travel: 10%
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Bachelor's Degree with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field
1+ years of customer service or sales experience
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Position TypeNew Grad
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.