Entry-Level Software Engineer
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions creates innovative, mission-critical communication solutions and services that help public safety and commercial customers build safer cities and thriving communities around the world.We look for the most advanced problems solvers - like you - to help us create technologies that rise to the challenges of our customers. To connect firemen to policemen to emergency responders to nurses to specialists to lives saved. To protect communities, grow businesses and make work safer and more efficient.Motorola Solutions is looking for a self motivated individuals to help drive the next generation public safety experience, and to work with a team of top experienced professionals to enable mission critical services and solutions.
Positions are available for working on a wide range of products, applications, and services such as:
- Software development for LTE and 2-Way Radio Mission Critical Communication Systems
- Application development and security solutions for mobile devices on Android and iOS platforms
- Cyber security threat prevention associated with the deployment of on-premise infrastructure, mobile, and cloud based technology
- Customer facing application development
- Controller, gateway, and base station software development
Motorola Solutions is looking for candidates with strong interests in:
- Developing cutting edge secure digital communication solutions for Public Safety and First Responders
- Information Security practices and secure software development methodologies and techniques
- Secure protocols, key management, Public Key Infrastructure
- Mission critical feature development
Candidates are expected to work in a team environment utilizing the latest industry standard agile practices for planning, implementing, and delivering products and services.
- Team software development using Agile/SAFe practices
- Software virtualization practices and understanding of cloud based solutions
- Security concepts such as authentication, access control, authorization, cryptography, and least privilege
- Application or embedded programming experience
- SIP, RTP, RTCP Protocols
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline is required.
- One or more of the following skills: C/C++, Linux (multiple variants), Windows development, Perl / Powershell, Java, Mobile application and/or platform development including Android and iOS, Network Protocols (TCP/IP, TLS, UDP)
Position TypeNew Grad
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.