Meraki is looking for qualified engineers to become the “Support of last resort” for systemic technical issues experienced by our highest-value customers. Due to the cross-functional nature of our organization, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a large variety of people from organizations within and external to Meraki. An average work week might consist of working on assigned escalations, monitoring/responding to escalation calls/threads, and coding/automating test plans associated with escalations.
- Create, execute and analyze technical test plans to obtain data needed to validate mission-critical networks
- Model RF, network, and application performance using industry-standard tools.
- Learn quickly, navigate difficult political conversations, and strategically take charge of complex situations
- Read, weigh in, and potentially scope Support bug issues
- Create expert-level documentation:
- Use knowledge gained from escalations work to provide in-depth documentation
- Present interesting escalations/projects to Support and other Meraki business units to share learnings
- 20% on-demand travel to customer sites
- Obtain certifications and learn programming languages
- Attend industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Stay current on networking best practices and competitor solutions
- Explore new tools and investigate advancements in the field of computer networking
- Completion of a professional networking certification
- Ideally focused on wireless (CWNA, etc.)
- Experience in completing programming/automation projects
- Experience in working on high-touch Support escalations
- Experience in managing onsite escalations
- Examples of documentation, either external or internal-facing
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.