LogicGate is a venture-backed, Chicago-based technology company that needs you to help us as we continue to disrupt the wide world of GRC (governance, risk and compliance). At LogicGate, you’ll join a group of bright, welcoming people ready to learn, grow, and do the right thing for our customers.
As the Executive Vice President of Engineering, your expertise will help us scale our growing team, hire incredible talent enabling us to meet our ambitious roadmap milestones and effectively transform the GRC space with highly dynamic and configurable technology. You will collaborate with other business units throughout the organization, liaise with our Board and Investors as well as continue building a name for LogicGate within the technology space. We can’t wait for you to make your unique mark on our journey!
What you’d achieve:
- Provide mentorship and advocacy supporting the career growth of engineering team members
- Develop and regularly revise plans for scaling a diverse engineering team through accurate forecasting and successful recruiting processes
- Recruit talented engineers to join the team
- Improve engineering onboarding processes and documentation
- Lead the engineer team via exceptional communication skills and organizational frameworks
- Develop, assess, and execute on team KPIs and OKRs
- Partner with product management and design to consistently execute on the product roadmap
The value you’d bring:
- Interact with customers pre and post- sales to establish relationships and build credibility
- Help define vision and help team execute against our goals
- Share knowledge from a career of experience
- Help to define strategies to architect solutions for enterprise customers
- Enable execution against current and future quality and performance initiatives
- Report to the CEO and provide insight into engineering necessary to steer the company
- Collaborate with other business stakeholders on defining higher-level objectives
- Lead communication efforts internally with other business units
- Lead communication externally with customers and investors
- Ensure that all communications are timely, appropriate, and align with our values
- Provide visibility to the rest of the company around engineering performance against goals
What we use:
- Back: Spring Boot, Java, Kotlin
- Front: TypeScript, Angular, Webpack, Sass
- Data: Neo4j, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Test: JUnit, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor, Selenium
- Ops: AWS, Ansible, Terraform, Hashicorp, Docker
- Work: Jira, Slack, Gitlab, G Suite
What we have to offer:
- Time Off
- 18 Days PTO + 9 Company Holidays (Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Thanksgiving, etc.)
- 6 Health days (Mental & Physical)
- Equitable Parental Leave Policy
- Blue Cross Blue Shield for Medical, Dental and Vision
- LogicGate covers 80% of employee premiums
- 401(k) Match Program
- Work Environment
- Regular cadence of communication organization wide like monthly All Hands meetings.
- Highly collaborative, cross functional environment leveraging all the right tools no matter your location.
- Commitment to the growth of our employees through various frameworks including an Emerging Leaders Program.
- Social activities (yes, even remotely!) where we can come together and celebrate all that we’ve accomplished like an amazing anniversary party or talent show!
- Flex Rewards
- Monthly funds on Zestful debit card to be leveraged by the employee (cell phone, streaming services, child care, dog walker)
- Partial ownership of company through stock options
Here are just a few things we’ve been up to recently:
- We secured $24.75M in Series B Financing in December 2019 to help us continue our mission
- We earned our placement as the #1 GRC Solution on the G2 Grid —an honor we’ve received many times over!
- We were included on Built In Chicago’s list of Best Small Companies to Work For in 2020 and Crain's Chicago Business 2020 Best Places to Work !
Not too familiar with GRC? That’s ok—a lot of us weren’t when we were in your shoes either. Here’s what you need to know:
- GRC stands for governance, risk management, and compliance
- GRC professionals help their companies manage uncertainty, act with integrity, and stay on the right side of the law. Bottom line: they keep their companies on the right track.
- GRC is a huge market, and growing fast. Not only is it a $35 billion industry today, it’s predicted to grow to $64 billion by 2025. This is what we’re going after!