We're building a world class team with the aim of providing polished, professional, technical support of an emerging company and product. Ocient is looking for ultimate team players who are dedicated to improving our product and customer experience with every interaction. The Ocient team consists of highly technical engineers and understanding the end to end development, sales, and delivery cycle is key to adding unique value to the organization. Ocient is searching for an experienced Software Engineer with strong problem-solving skills and a passion for solving hard problems. You will be working with industry-leading software architects to help implement and test a cutting-edge data warehouse.
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
- 3+ years of industry experience writing code to solve complex problems using an object-oriented programming language (e.g. C++, Java)
- Strong understanding and application of data structures and algorithms
- Demonstrated coding experience on core technology
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Experience architecting high performance, distributed systems
- Ability to own and manage all risk associated with large complex problems
- Strong technical leadership and communication skills
Ocient is a Chicago-based, venture-funded startup building a SQL compliant, exabyte-scale database platform that achieves better performance than Hadoop and NoSQL systems. It is a distributed system optimized for NVMe drives, RDMA networks and high core count processors and is written in C++. We are led by a management team with seven successful startup exits, including Cleversafe which was one of the largest software startup exits in Chicago’s history.