Experienced Software Engineer
Ocient is searching for an experienced Software Engineer with strong problem-solving skills and a passion for solving hard problems. You will be working with industry-leading software architects to help implement and test a cutting-edge data warehouse.
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
- 3+ years of industry experience writing code to solve complex problems using an object-oriented programming language (e.g. C++, Java)
- Strong understanding and application of data structures and algorithms
- Demonstrated coding experience on core technology
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Experience architecting high performance, distributed systems
- Ability to own and manage all risk associated with large complex problems
- Strong technical leadership and communication skills
Ocient is a Chicago-based, venture-funded startup building a SQL compliant, exabyte-scale database platform that achieves better performance than Hadoop and NoSQL systems. It is a distributed system optimized for NVMe drives, RDMA networks and high core count processors and is written in C++. We are led by a management team with seven successful startup exits, including Cleversafe which was the largest software startup exit in Chicago's history.