Duties and Responsibilities
All About You
- Network design and network/component standards, network roadmaps, audit compliance, and deployment of new technologies to fit business needs. Understands how the big picture aligns to overall Ensono strategy.
- Design, engineering, and implementation of complex network solutions in a variety of disciplines, security postures, access control, and infrastructure including associated documentation.
- Perform a consultative role to both internal and external customers and at all levels of the organization.
- Network design (high level and low level), architecture, and implementation oversight including associated documentation.
- Understanding of large-scale network capacity management and modeling. Monitors network performance ensures capacity planning is performed and is proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
- Drive and implement network solutions-based architectures to increase efficiencies.
- Design solutions for M&A situations on Network level.
- Proactively contribute to documentation, automation and processes improvement.
- Provide strategic technical direction on highly complex network projects or activities involving the selection and recommendation of design approach and systems technology.
- Performs client and market research to define and qualify strategy and direction.
- Research and develop innovative solutions around existing network solutions and future technologies. Creates product road maps and writes user stories and requirements.
- Provide L3 support to the Operations, for investigation, troubleshooting and resolving network communications and operations problems impacting customer, backbone access, or performance on a global basis
- Regularly lead self and others and/or established as Product SME and/or established as specialist.
- Network security infrastructure solutions including firewalls.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and ability to plan Network roadmap.
- Analyzes current and future information technology industry trends to determine the potential impact on business or network systems architecture.
- Network engineering, design, and architecture expertise with exposure to two or more of the following areas: LAN/WAN, firewalls, wireless, security, VOIP, QoS, and encryption technologies while adhering to standard design methodologies and best practices
- Mastery of TCP/IP protocol communications, addressing & subnetting.
- Firewall experience: Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Cisco ASA
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco's product portfolio; routers, switches, wireless, ACS and ISE
- Extensive knowledge of Network diagnostics, protocols, and disciplines, EIGRP, BGP, eBGP, SNMP, VPN, SSH, and MPLS technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, and excellent customer support capabilities
- Self-motivated demonstrating strong organizational and listening skills; and very detail oriented with the ability to carry out assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to consistently act in a professional manner and communicate with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Methodical problem resolving skills and mastery of developing high level and detailed network designs; solid web applications and technologies a plus; Cisco certifications such as CCNP or CCDP, CCIE, or CCDE desired.
- Design, engineer and implementation of Software Defined Networking.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously adapt to new technologies and trends and learn new skills quickly
- Excellent English speaking and writing
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role and overall 6+ years of work experience within Network space.
- Advanced, Knowledge of routing and switching protocols
- Experience with SDN technologies such as Cisco ACI, VMWare NSX
- Experience and working knowledge of scripting/automation tools such as python, Ansible etc. will be a huge plus and will make you standout.
- Experience with load balancing technologies such as F5, Netscaler, A10's
- This position does not have direct reports but may mentor less experienced associates in the role.
Read Full Job Description